1/2 C Butter, room temperature
1/2 C Sugar
1 TBSP Vanilla Bean Paste (or Extract or 1 Vanilla Bean scraped)
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 C Flour
1/4 TSP salt
Oven Temp: 350 F
1. Add the room temperature butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer, until creamed. It will appear, light yellow and fluffy. Make sure to cream to this point. This is why its very important you start with room temp butter! Properly creaming the butter is the key to well formed cookies. These are what your step one should look like when you stop.
2. Mix in one egg
3. Mix in Vanilla Paste and Zest
*Vanilla Bean Paste is a favorite product of mine! You can see the vanilla bean flecks without having to buy the pods. It adds a beautiful touch to your baked goods. Not to mention, the flavor is absolutely delicious.
4. Mix together the flour and salt and add them to the wet mixture in two batches.
|Adding second half of flour mixture.|
6. After the rest time, scoop them out onto a cookie sheet and get them into the 350 F oven. Let them bake for 15-16 minute. Watch carefully in last minute. They are done when the edges are golden.
|Use an ice cream scoop for even sizes.|
Whisk together the juice of one lemon and 2/3 C of powdered sugar.
7. When the cookies have cooled, set up your icing station. I placed my cooling rack on top of my sheet tray so excess icing could drip below.
8. Dip each cookie into the mixture, turn over to cover all sides, lift and allow the excess to drip off.
|These guys were gobbled up in no time!|